Public Health Ontario reported 154 new COVID-19 cases today, all confirmed through provincial lab testing.
There were 17,303 tests processed since the last provincial report.
Since last Tuesday (June 30), Ontario has reported between 121 and 165 new cases per day. The 20-39-year-old and the 40-59-year-old age groups account for about 21,500 (60 per cent) of the total cases reported in Ontario.
The provincial agency also reported 160 new recoveries today, and zero new deaths attributed to the coronavirus.
Public Health Ontario has reported 2,689 deaths of people with COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, including 1,717 residents of long-term care homes and seven long-term care staff.
Ontario has confirmed a total of 35,948 cases of COVID-19, and reported 31,426 of those cases as recovered.
There are now 1,833 active cases of the coronavirus in the province, including 118 people who are hospitalized. There are 36 patients with COVID-19 in intensive care and 21 patients on ventilators, according to today's epidemiological summary.
In Ontario, the average incidence rate of infection is 241.8 cases of COVID per 100,000 people in the population. Incidence rates for the health unit regions in the province range from as low as 21 cases per 100,000 population (Algoma region) to as high as 430.4 cases per 100,000 people (Toronto).
There are 18 known active cases of the virus in Northern Ontario.
Today's provincial report includes data from Jan. 15 to July 5 and includes the rate of confirmed cases per 100,000 population. Data included on resolved cases and last known confirmed is from each health unit's respective website. The breakdown for Northern Ontario health units is:
• Algoma Public Health - 24 cases, rate of 21 per 100,000 population. All of the cases are resolved.
• North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit - 35 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. There are 29 resolved cases and there has been one death. There are five known active cases.
• Porcupine Health Unit - 67, rate of 80.3 per 100,000 population. Of the confirmed cases, 58 are resolved and eight people have died. There is one active case of the virus. The last positive test was June 21.
• Public Health Sudbury and Districts - 67 cases, rate of 33.7 per 100,000 population. All of the cases are resolved, and two people have died.
• Timiskaming Health Unit - 18 cases, rate of 55.1 per 100,000. The last positive tests were done April 28. All of the cases are resolved.
• Thunder Bay District Health Unit - 93 cases, rate of 62 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 92 cases. There are 88 resolved cases and one person has died. There are three known active cases, including one in hospital.
• Northwestern Health Unit - 39 cases, rate of 44.5 per 100,000 population. There are 30 resolved cases and no deaths. There are nine known active cases.
The Ontario rate of infection per 100,000 population is 241.8.