The return of beautiful weather isn’t the only reason to celebrate the arrival of spring.
This month alone, the calendar is full of special occasions to mark, including high school, college and university graduations, Indigenous history, Pride Month and Seniors Month.
As we do for the special moments that happen all year long, Contact North | Contact Nord is supporting our northern communities with access to related online education and training opportunities — many of them free — to enrich your personal and professional life.
Ready to explore the possibilities? Here are just a few:
Explore programs and services that help you or a loved one live life to the fullest during the pandemic and beyond:
- Get information on vaccines and community supports
- Learn about programs and services to stay physically and mentally healthy
- Discover social, cultural, learning, volunteer and recreation opportunities
A better understanding of Indigenous history, culture and belief systems is a critical step on the path toward reconciliation. Take advantage of these opportunities to learn from our Indigenous brothers and sisters as you explore:
- Indigenous ways
- Indigenous perspectives
- Indigenous learning and cultural awareness
Contact North | Contact Nord can you help you explore thousands of post-secondary options.
Take advantage of free webinars to better understand some of the most pressing issues the 2SLGBTQ+ community faces. Explore:
- Partner violence in rainbow communities
- Inclusive trauma-informed care
- Improving pathways to safety for survivors of violence
Whether you need to upgrade your skill set or are interested in a new career path, there are many timely themes to explore, including:
- Equity and diversity
- Human trafficking awareness
- Mental health
You can also find thousands of study options at studyonline.ca.
Whatever your goals, Contact North | Contact Nord’s dedicated and professional team is here to explain the options and help you register.
With 116 in-person online learning centres* across the province — including one here in Timmins — Contact North | Contact Nord is Ontario's community-based bilingual distance education and training network. We help people in 800+ small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get jobs by providing access to education and training without leaving their communities.
Get in touch today! You can reach Contact North | Contact Nord at:
Contact North | Contact Nord is funded by the Government of Ontario.
* Due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person access is restricted until at least August 9. Until then, we are providing services virtually from Monday to Friday, by phone, e-mail or Zoom.