Some Timmins Transit routes are changing due to the ongoing winter storm.
With snow-covered sideroads, the City of Timmins announced on Facebook that transit drivers are rerouting to avoid travelling on side roads.
Environment Canada's winter storm warning remains in effect for the Timmins area. The storm is expected to continue into Saturday and see snowfall amounts of 30 to 50 centirmetres.
Earlier today (March 17), a Timmins Transit bus stuck at the four-way stop at Mountjoy and Second Avenue/Commercial slid into a parked vehicle.
The eastbound bus was on the hill on Commercial and appeared to be unable to go through the intersection. Backing up, it slid down the hill and into a parked truck on Commercial.
Timmins Transit route changes are:
- Route 9 will not be servicing Gold Centre
- Route 16 will not be servicing direct pick-up/drop-off at the Government Complex or Northern College Campus
- Route 31 will not be servicing direct pick-up/drop-off at Walford Residence on Tamarack
- Route 32 will not be servicing the trailer park
RELATED: Highway 11 closed from Matheson to Longlac
- Both both branches of the Timmins Public Library are closing at noon
- At Northern College, the Timmins and Kirkland Lake campuses are closed except for daycare and maintenance staff
Have a weather-related closure or cancellation? Send an email with the details to [email protected]. The changes will be added to this list.