Public Health Ontario has reported 170 new COVID-19 cases today in the July 24 daily update.
Today's update includes 150 new recoveries and three deaths.
The July 24 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- 1,424 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 1,407 yesterday.
- 125 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 132 patients in intensive care units with COVID-related illness (of those, 33 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- 86 people are on ventilators due to COVID-related illness (of those, 22 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 19,131 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 0.8 per cent positivity rate.
- There are 5,325 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed 16.4 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 549,156 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 538,421 recoveries and 9,311 deaths.
- There were 124,261 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday.
- 18,848,661 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 8,480,761 people have been fully vaccinated.