The business community is getting revved up for an annual awards ceremony.
Finalists for the 2023 Nova Business Excellence Awards were announced today.
Timmins Chamber of Commerce volunteers and ambassadors canvased the city, surprising 45 business leaders who will be honoured at a special night celebrating entrepreneurial achievement.
A total of 178 nominations were submitted across 15 award categories for this year's May 11 award celebration. They were narrowed to three finalists per category by a panel of six independent community judges.
Under the theme of Nova 2023 - The Winning Formula, this year's event will showcase the ways that Timmins entrepreneurs continue to thrive, for the benefit of the entire community.
"These finalists have proven themselves to be at the forefront of their respective industries, driving innovation and accelerating business growth," said Dan Ayotte, Chamber president. "I want to thank the community who took the time to nominate their favourite business, which led to identifying these deserving contenders."
Finalists, their families, friends, and supporters can purchase tickets as of March 28.
The 2023 Nova Business Excellence Awards Finalists are:
BMT Insurance & Financial Services Business Contribution to the Community Award (1-5 Employees)
- Borealis Fresh Farms Inc.
- Lady Luck Family Restaurant & Convenience Store
- Near North Video Productions
The Venture Centre Business Contribution to the Community Award (6-10 Employees)
- American Iron and Metal
- JustNatural Holistic Spa & Institute Inc.
NorthernTel Business Contribution to the Community Award (11+ Employees)
- Girones Bourdon Kelly Lawyers
- Rehab Plus Rehabilitation & Fitness Centre
- Timmins Garage Inc.
FNETB Best Place to Work Award
- Comfort Inn Timmins
- INEOS Calabrian
- OCP Construction Supplies Inc.
Newmont Porcupine Young Leader Award
- Cedric Bradette, Cedric Bradette Real Estate
- Julia and Victor Polowy, Schnitzels & Strudels North
- Chad Tolonen, Timmins Mechanical Solutions Inc.
RBC Marketing Award
- Just Beecause Chocolates and Confections
- Rebel Soul
- Rubber Boot Farm
National Bank Innovation Award
- Mid-Town Bowl
- Sweet & Salty Charcuterie
- Timmins Fitness Alternatives
Northern College Service Excellence Award
- Riverside Dental
- Starbucks Timmins
- Timmins Tree Service
Caisse Alliance New Business Award (Under 2 Years)
- Alika Sari Sari Store
- Millson Veterinary Services
- Northern Mosquito Hunters
TD Bank Group Business of the Year Award (1-5 Employees)
- Pearly Whites Plus
- Tap It! Draught Services Inc.
- The Wizard of Paws Inc.
Scotiabank Business of the Year Award (6-10 Employees)
- Country 93.1 FM
- Full Beard Brewing Co.
- Northern Equipment Services Inc.
Kidd Operations Business of the Year Award (11+ Employees)
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd.
- Johnston's Electrical Construction Ltd.
- NPLH Drilling
Agnico Eagle Indigenous Partnership Award
- Attawapiskat Enterprises
- Canada Nickel Company
- Mushkegowuk Regional Economic Development Limited Partnership
City of Timmins Non-Profit Organization Award
- Fierté Timmins Pride
- Quilts for Survivors
- Sports for Kids Timmins
OPG Lifetime Business Achievement Award
- OK Tire Timmins
- Praztek Construction
- Tom's Lock Shop & Security Services
To be announced at the Nova Awards on May 11.
Check out photos of the nominees here.