ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
ENGLEHART - On June 19, 2021 shortly before 2 a.m., members of the Temiskaming Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a motor vehicle for a traffic infraction on First Street in the Town of Englehart.
While speaking with the driver, police recognized the passenger as being wanted on an outstanding warrant and she was arrested.
A search incident to arrest, yielded a quantity of suspect crystal methamphetamine and purple fentanyl.
Amy Brash, a 30-year-old resident of Englehart has been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance - methamphetamine, contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a schedule I substance - opioid (other than heroin), contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA
Further investigation revealed that the driver had consumed suspected controlled substances.
The driver was arrested and transported to Temiskaming Detachment for further testing. A search incident to arrest, yielded a quantity of suspected blue and purple Fentanyl.
Marc Boulard, a 38-year-old resident of the Township of Charlton-Dack has been charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking - opioid (other than heroin), contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA
- Operation while impaired - alcohol and drugs, contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand, contrary to section 320.15(1) of the CC
- Failure to comply with release order - other than to attend court, contrary to section 145(5)(a) of the CC
Both accused were held for a Bail Hearing and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice at a later date in the City of Temiskaming Shores.
The OPP reminds motorists that any amount of alcohol or drug can impair one's ability to drive. If you observe a suspected impaired driver, please call 911 or contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 and report it.