Public Health Ontario is reporting 124 new cases of COVID-19 in the province today.
That is down slightly from Friday when 134 new cases were announced.
Two more people have died from the virus since the last provincial update.
Health officials also say there have been 2,777 deaths from the virus, with 1,797 of being residents of long-term care homes. Eight health-care workers in long-term care facilities have also died from the coronavirus.
With today's announcement, there are 39,333 cases in Ontario, as well as 35,237 recoveries, including 163 since the last update.
Across Ontario, health officials say more than 2.2 million have been tested for the disease, including 33,282 on Friday. There are almost 27,000 cases currently under investigation in the province.
Seventy-three people are hospitalized due to COVID-19 and 27 patients are in intensive care. Twelve people are on a ventilator.
In Northern Ontario there are 28 known active cases.
The breakdown for the health units is:
- Algoma Public Health - 27 cases, rate of 23.6 per 100,000 population. There are no known active cases. The last confirmed case was reported July 17.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit - 35 cases, rate of 27 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 37 cases. There are no known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit - 71, rate of 83.9 per 100,000 population. There are two known active cases. There was one confirmed case was reported July 22 and one today.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts - 88 cases, rate of 83.9 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 89 cases. There are 21 known active cases. The last case was confirmed July 29.
- Timiskaming Health Unit - 19 cases, rate of 58.1 per 100,000. There is one known active case. The last case was confirmed July 25.
- Northwestern Health Unit - 44 cases, rate of 50.2 per 100,000. There are two known active cases. The last test was reported July 24.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit - 95 cases, rate of 63.4 per 100,000. There are two known active cases. The last positive test was reported July 27.