Public Health Ontario reported 821 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 655 recoveries and 10 deaths. All 10 deaths occurred in the last month and one was an individual 19 years of age and under.
The Sept. 18 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Included in the new cases reported today are 489 unvaccinated people, 61 partially vaccinated people, 200 fully vaccinated people, and 71 cases where the vaccination status is unknown (missing health card data)
- 6,395 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 6,239 yesterday.
- 329 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Included in the hospitalized patients who are not in the ICU are 133 unvaccinated people, 10 partially vaccinated people, and 34 fully vaccinated people.
- There are 169 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 25 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- Included in the ICU cases are 115 unvaccinated people, 10 partially vaccinated people and 11 fully vaccinated people.
- There are 115 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,280,570 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 578,869 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 562,827 recoveries and 9,647 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.