Public Health Ontario reported 722 new COVID cases today (Aug. 22).
The latest update noted 391 recoveries and two deaths.
The Aug. 22 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 444 are unvaccinated individuals, 76 are partially vaccinated, 158 are fully vaccinated, and the vaccination status of the remaining 44 cases is unknown.
- 4,989 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 4,660 yesterday.
- 178 COVID-positive people are currently hospitalized in Ontario.
- There are 113 COVID-positive patients in intensive care, plus another 28 patients who no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- 61 COVID patients are on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- 9,754,737 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
- The province reported 23,075 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 3.2 per cent positivity rate.
- There are 10,716 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed 17.0 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 559,512 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 545,070 recoveries and 9,453 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.