Public Health Ontario has reported 192 new COVID-19 cases today in the July 23 daily update.
Today's update includes 147 new recoveries and one death.
Since yesterday's report, one person has been hospitalized with COVID-19 and two COVID patients have been admitted to intensive care units.
The July 23 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- 1,407 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 1,363 yesterday.
- 137 COVID-positive people are currently hospitalized in Ontario.
- There are 136 patients in intensive care units with COVID-related illness (of those, 31 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- 84 people are on ventilators due to COVID-related illness (of those, 22 no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 19,757 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 0.9 per cent positivity rate.
- There are 6,580 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed 16.4 million tests to date.
- Of the new cases reported today, 18 are from Waterloo, 43 are from Toronto, 25 cases are from Peel, 10 are from Simcoe-Muskoka, 10 are from Grey-Bruce, and 18 are from York Region.
- Today's cases include 52 individuals aged 19 and under, 77 people between 20 and 39 years old, 40 people between 40 and 59 years old, 18 people between 60 and 79 years old, and five people over 79 years old.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 548,986 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 538,271 recoveries and 9,308 deaths.
The cumulative average incidence rate in the province is 3,693.3 cases per 100,000 people in Ontario.
Ontario's average weekly incidence rate is 7.2 cases per 100,000 people, which is down by 2.7 per cent from last week.
- There were 120,231 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday.
- 18,724,400 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 8,375,133 people have been fully vaccinated.
In Northern Ontario, the breakdown of Public Health Ontario data is:
- Algoma Public Health: 404 cases, weekly rate of 3.5 cases per 100,000 people. There are four known active cases.
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit: 648 cases, weekly rate of 18.5 cases per 100,000 people. The health unit has reported 650 cases. There are 27 known active cases.
- Porcupine Health Unit: 2,129 cases, weekly rate of 31.2 cases per 100,000 people. The health unit has reported 2,131. There are 36 known active cases.
- Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 2,156 cases, weekly rate of 2 cases per 100,000 people. The health unit has reported 2,176 cases. There are four known active cases.
- Timiskaming Health Unit: 208 cases, weekly rate of 0 cases per 100,000 people. There are no known active cases.
- Northwestern Health Unit: 1,100 cases, weekly rate of 5.7 cases per 100,000 people. The health unit has reported 1,095. There are three known active cases.
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit: 3,339 cases, weekly rate of 0 cases per 100,000 people. The health unit has reported 3,341 cases. There is one known active case.
The data from Northern Ontario health units is based on what was available at 10:30 a.m. today.