TIMMINS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The results are in, and the supporters of The Chamber have officially elected six individuals to represent them at the heart of the city’s most prominent business organization.
Coming from a range of business sectors and backgrounds, these six will sit on the Chamber’s 21-member Board of directors, providing direction and guidance to the organization’s policy, advocacy, and programs on behalf of its 620-plus members.
“Members of The Chamber have elected an excellent slate of new directors whose proven passion and drive for improving our region’s economy will undoubtedly lend to the ongoing success of our organization,” said Rob Knox, incoming 2021-22 Chamber President and President of Compass Restaurants Group.
“The Chamber has been guiding our business community through the pandemic, working diligently to ensure that our small- to medium-sized enterprises are well equipped with the tools they need, and I look forward to continuing this work as we move into a new phase of continuity, recovery and viability. The 2021-22 Board will continue to build on this momentum, and I am very proud of the advocacy wins we have accomplished on behalf of our businesses. Their unique and diverse perspectives will be key in translating our members’ needs into powerful action. I greatly look forward to working with them this fall to help ensure that Timmins remains a great place to do business.”
The new additions to this year’s Board include Amanda Alexander, RBC Royal Bank; Angelo Lia, Rogers Media Inc.; Hillary Laughren, Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver; Lisa Tremblay, Discover Fitness/Discover Performance Inc.; Mélanie Dufresne, Collège Boréal; and Mitch Dumas, Northern College. They will be officially sworn in during the Chamber’s Annual General Meeting on Sept. 22.
Electronic ballots were sent out to each of the Chamber’s 1,100+ eligible voting members, who were given one month to cast their vote for their board representation. Each board member serves a two-year term, after which they can apply for re-election for a maximum of three terms.
The following is the complete list of the Chamber 2021-2022 Board of Directors:
- President - Rob Knox, Compass Restaurants Group
- 1st Vice-president - Dan Ayotte, PAIB Insurance Inc.
- Past president - Melanie Verreault, Trimedia Consulting Inc.
- Treasurer - Joel Ahrens, MNP LLP
- Board member - Amanda Alexander, RBC Royal Bank
- Board member - Phil Archambault, Fountain Tire
- Board member - Paul Brunet, Great White North Technology Consulting
- Board member - Marc Caron, Caron Equipment Inc.
- Board member - Donna Dorrington, Dorrington Law Professional Corp.
- Board member - Melanie Dufresne, College Boreal
- Board member - Mitch Dumas, Northern College
- Board member - Thomas Faught Jr., RBC Dominion Securities
- Board member - Kraymr Grenke, Commerce Management Group
- Board member - Monique Koski, EACOM Timber Corporation
- Board member - Hilary Laughren, Lake Shore Gold, Pan American Silver
- Board member - Angelo Lia, Rogers Media Inc.
- Board member - Albalina Metatawabin, Mushkegowuk Development Corporation
- Board member - Bryan Neeley, Newmont Porcupine
- Board member - Benjie Potvin, Full Beard Brewing Co.
- Board member - Mark Rogers, Near North Video Productions
- Board member - Lisa Tremblay, Discover Fitness/Discover Performance Inc.