If you can't be at the park for the Canada Day fireworks in Timmins, you can still get the full effect by tuning into a local radio station.
For the fireworks July 1 at 10:30 p.m., the music will be simulcast on KiSS 99.3 and the Moose.
A group of local businesses have pitched in to put on two fireworks shows in Timmins this summer, on Canada Day and at the Great Canadian Kayak Challenge in August.
The Canada Day show will cap off a day of free activities at Participark.
The full schedule is:
- 9 a.m. - Yoga with Rebel Soul Trib at the public beach at the bridge
- 11 a.m. - Event opens
- 11 a.m. - Canada Day marketplace and Mountjoy Farmers' Market
- 11 a.m. - 1 a.m. - Food and beverages will be available to buy
- Noon - Opening ceremonies and cake cutting
- 1 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Free activity zone for children
- 1 p.m. - 9 p.m. Canada Day Mattagami River Pontoon Cruises
The main stage schedule is:
- 1 p.m. - Indigenous drum and dance
- 2 p.m. Daryll and Daryll
- 3 p.m. - Sabrina and the Fam Jam
- 4 p.m. - Estelle and John
- 5 p.m. - Coldwater
- 6 p.m. - Taw Connors, a tribute to Stompin' Tom Connors
- 10:30 p.m. - Fireworks
- 11 p.m. - Cindy Doire presents Panorama with special guest Scarlett Jane
You can keep up-to-date with what's happening for Canada Day in Timmins here.