There's no place like Timmins to do business, and the local leaders were celebrated at a Wizard of Oz-themed party.
The Timmins Chamber hosted its 20th annual Nova Awards celebrating business excellence on May 12. It was the first time since 2019 that the annual event was held in-person, with 750 people following the yellow brick road to the McIntyre Arena.
"It was a distinct pleasure to welcome attendees' back to the Mac' as marking our 20th anniversary had to be done in person, "said Rob Knox, Chamber president, in a news release.
"Every year, the Nova Awards serve as an important reminder of just how important our business community is to building a stronger, more viable Timmins for all of us to enjoy. Many of our local entrepreneurs had a challenging few years and the evening was an excellent reminder of why we need to continue celebrating all the ways we can find it in Timmins."
This year's winners are:
- Aston Wellness Clinic - BMT Insurance & Financial Services Business Contribution to the Community Award (1-5 Employees)
- First General Services Timmins - The Venture Centre Business Contribution to the Community Award (6-10 Employees)
- Royal Bank of Canada - NorthernTel Business Contribution to the Community Award (11+ Employees)
- Hard Rock Animal Hospital - FNETB Best Place to Work Award
- Joelle Charbonneau - Joelle's Technical Resources & Custom Works Inc. - Newmont Porcupine Young Leader Award
- Steinberg & Mahn - RBC Marketing Award
- Rebel Soul - National Bank Innovation Award
- The Movement Studio - Northern College Service Excellence Award
- North Care Denture Design - Caisse Alliance New Business Award (Under 2 years)
- Spa in the Woods - TD Bank Group Business of the Year Award (1-5 Employees)
- Bright Spot Therapy Services Ltd. - Scotiabank Business of the Year Award (6-10 Employees)
- Airmaxx Plus Inc. - Kidd Operations Business of the Year Award (11+ Employees)
- Five Nations Energy Inc. - Agnico Eagle Indigenous Partnership Award
- Mount Jamieson Resort - City of Timmins Non-Profit Organization Award
- Tisdale Mechanical Contracting Ltd. - OPG Lifetime Business Achievement Award
- MNP LLP - The Chamber President's Award
A photo gallery from the event is available here.