Ontario Public Health is reporting a 0.5 per cent increase in daily cases over yesterday with 160 new COVID cases reported today.
On June 26, the province reported 111 new cases, which was one of the lowest daily case increases since the start of the pandemic.
There were 178 more recoveries reported today, which means the number of active cases in the province dropped.
The province has confirmed a total of 34,476 coronavirus cases to-date, and reported 29,932 recoveries and 2,652 deaths, which leaves 1,892 active cases in Ontario.
There were eight deaths reported by Public Health Ontario today, which includes one person between the ages of 40 and 59, four people between 60 and 79 years old, and three people over the age of 80.
Testing continues to rise with 33,492 tests processed since the last report.
Ontario reported 1,175 new COVID cases this week with daily totals ranging from 111 to 216 new cases. The weekly totals have been declining all month with 1,491 new cases reported from June 7 to 13, and 1,309 cases reported between June 14 and 20.
Today's provincial report includes data from Jan. 15 to June 26 and includes the rate of confirmed cases per 100,000 population. Data included on resolved cases and last known confirmed is from each health unit's respective website. The breakdown for Northern Ontario health units is:
• Algoma Public Health - 24 cases, rate of 21 per 100,000 population. All of the cases are resolved.
• North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit - 28 cases, rate of 21.6 per 100,000 population. The health unit has reported 30 cases. Of those, 29 are resolved and there has been one death. There are no known active cases.
• Porcupine Health Unit - 67, rate of 80.3 per 100,000 population. Of the confirmed cases, 57 are resolved and eight people have died. There are two known active cases of the virus. The last positive test was done June 21.
• Public Health Sudbury and Districts - 67 cases, rate of 33.7 per 100,000 population. There are 64 resolved cases and two people have died. There is one known active case.
• Timiskaming Health Unit - 18 cases, rate of 55.1 per 100,000. The last positive tests were done April 28. All of the cases are resolved.
• Thunder Bay District Health Unit - 91 cases, rate of 60.7 per 100,000 population. The health unit has 90 cases listed, including 86 resolved cases and one person has died. There are three known active cases, one of which is hospitalized.
• Northwestern Health Unit - 36 cases, rate of 41.1 per 100,000 population. There are 27 resolved cases, and 9 active ones.
The Ontario rate of infection per 100,000 population is 231.9.