New to home improvement? Don't worry, we'll make you an expert!
Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. These associates work in cooperation with their supervisors and other sales associates in various department. Specific store departments may include Lumber, Building Materials, Paint, Hardware, Electrical, Plumbing, Seasonal and Tool Rental.
Why Join The Home Depot Family? *
• Profit Sharing Bonuses
• Family and employee assistance program
• Flexible work schedule
• On the Job Paid Training and Career Development
• Family Health and Dental Benefits
• Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
• Career Growth Opportunities
• Retirement Savings Plan & Paid Vacation Time
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ask open ended questions about customer's projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise
• Ability to multitask
• Describe features and benefits of merchandise
• Maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure that it is clean and safe
• Comfortable lifting with support from other another associate when required
• Bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
• Pick, organize and verify orders for delivery or pick-up
• Utilize Home Depot Computers and/or Home Depot portable phone to check inventory, look-up orders and notify customers when product is ready for pick-up
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
• Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
• Excellent communication, reading skills and problem-solving skills
* Applicable to Permanent Full-Time and Part-Time positions.