Compassion Respect Kindness Accountability
The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
Working with OB-GYN Specialists the Nurse Practitioner will provide care and support to the patients of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department.
Registered Nurse Practitioner with a valid Extended Class Certification of Registration with The College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Minimum three years of experience in primary care including provision of obstetrical and gynecologic care
- Advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in health care assessment, diagnosis and management of obstetrical and gynecologic patients is considered an asset
- Proven ability to provide excellence in care within a multidisciplinary team
- Highly developed critical thinking, efficient time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively; independently and interdependently within an interdisciplinary team
- Commitment to the professional and organizational vision as it pertains to clinical practice and patient care
- Innate ability to act as a resource and role model
- Effective team building skills and be able to promote and support positive working relationships with all staff
- Ability to manage a critical situation using advanced critical thinking skills and a calm, therapeutic approach
- Demonstrated ability within the nurse/client relationship, to care for patients as unique individuals whose goals, values, and point of view may differ from those of the caregiver
- Demonstrated success in living the values of GHC
- Salary as per the ONA Collective Agreement – $47.14 to $57.99 commensurate with experience ∙ Comprehensive Benefit Package (100% employer paid)
- Enrolment in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Vacation and Leave Provision
Applications: Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday to Friday – Business Hours (some evenings may be required)
- Weekends & Holidays Off
Interested applicants are asked to submit a combined cover letter and resume (preferably in PDF format) indicating their qualifications for the position. Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above.
Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759-5513
Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.