Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Mine General Foreman
In this role, you will be responsible for day to day scheduling and control of the functional mine site development and construction activities in a safe and efficient manner. Direct mine operations through front line supervisors. You will demonstrate the core values of Safety Health and the Environment and Code of Conduct of Lake Shore Gold.
Location – Timmins West Mine
Schedule – 5x2 or 4x3
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, the Mine General Foreman will have the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for the health and safety of all personnel in his/her charge as well as contractor personnel, ensuring safety incidents are thoroughly investigated and recommendations implemented
• Day to day scheduling and control of the functional mine site development and construction activities
• Plan and organize all rehab work underground according to Engineering recommendations
• Ensure that all personnel in his/her charge know and follow the company’s policies, procedures and standards for work and safety, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants.
• Ensure all work is effectively planned, resourced, and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner
• Monitor daily KPIs and implement changes to ensure safety, production and cost targets are met
• Oversee daily logbook for accuracy and completeness
• Inspect headings and conduct ground control audits as required
• Ensure continuous training of supervisors
• Ensure daily toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings are performed by all personnel in his/her charge, know and follow the company’s policies, procedures and standards for work and safety
• Other tasks as assigned
• Minimum of 10 years related mining experience
• Three to five years in a supervisory capacity
• Supervisory common core required
• Strong organizational, leadership, and computer skills are required
• A post-secondary diploma in mining technology or related mining degree would be considered an asset
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Salary & Benefits
• Competitive Wages
• Relocation Assistance available for eligible positions
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Medical and Prescription Benefits
• Dental Plan
• Vision Coverage
• Wellness Spending Account
• Company Paid Pension Plan
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation
• Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
• Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.