WE ARE HIRING: SEND RESUMES TO:
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity and a gratifying career? Boart Longyear is currently recruiting for drillers/driller's assistants to join our team. We realize drilling can be a tough and physically demanding position; however we’re looking for people that are willing to work hard and collect some great pay checks.
In a global environment, Boart Longyear is the client’s choice in the industries we serve, including minerals exploration, environment and infrastructure drilling. The teams that work in Drilling Services for Boart Longyear are the global industry leaders in the application of rotary, core, sonic and percussive drilling. Our global teams of drillers are skilled-experienced, knowledgeable, safety-focused and committed to our customers and our business.
• The candidate will also be responsible for general condition and obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools. Also, at times, you may be responsible for the training of new Driller Assistants in a safe environment. Additional responsibilities’ include the following:
• Be physically fit for work
• Work under instructions of a driller/drilling field supervisor or division manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with more or less direction depending on the competency level
• Work safely and follow EHS policies and procedures and conduct local risk control
• Have the ability to apply first aid
• Support the drilling operations: handle rods and drilling tools, collect and handle samples, mix drilling fluids, carry out basic maintenance of tools and equipment, housekeeping, supplies count, perform basic measurement and calculations, carry out basic operator maintenance, complete pre-start checks, refuel vehicles and plant.
• May be required to operate non-drilling equipment such as light or heavy vehicles, cranes, tele handlers, forklift, skidders, track-mounted utility vehicles, etc
• Monitor a safe workplace, maintain workplace safety and apply risk management processes for elimination of work related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time
• Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs
• Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships
• Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• Sufficient language skills, literacy and numeracy skills to perform all job-related tasks
• Labour background considered an asset
• 2+ years of directly related experience
• Exposure to different drilling environments and techniques is preferred
• This position requires the successful candidate to meet Fitness for Duty program
• First Aid
• Common Core (Records need to be submitted).
Boart Longyear welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per the guidelines of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).