At Community First, a division of YNCU, you'll find all the things you'd expect from a bank, plus a few you didn't! We’re a straight-talking financial partner who understands the real trials and financial realities of our members' lives today. We’re the kind of partner who would rather use our profits to fuel local growth than let them leave the communities we belong to. We’re the kind of ally that kicks ‘cookie cutter’ solutions to the curb to lay out personalized solutions that actually meet your needs. We’re all about being a good neighbour.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and energetic individual who is driven and passionate about financial services for our Manager, Member Services position, a full-time opportunity, in our Timmins, Ontario location, to become part our Neighbourhood!
Here’s just a few things that you can expect from us;
- Competitive salary and incentives
- Generous pension programs
- Everyday banking perks
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
The Manager, Member Services is responsible for proactively initiating activities that promote quality growth of the branch loan, deposit and investment portfolio, through effective team leadership. Responsibilities include revenue generation, personnel management, operational support, and expense management, to meet and exceed designated branch sales and member service goals and objectives. This position will be the main driver for the branches sales and service culture that will result in superior member experiences.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constant attention to building and maintain a meaningful Contact of Influence base as a tool to drive and reciprocate business development opportunities.
- Lead and mentor the branch team towards ownership, commitment, and adherence to YNCU Vision, Mission, and Value Statements.
- Lead retail member lending, deposit, and investment services, as well as collections activities within established policies and procedures.
- Recommend, hire, coach, train and terminate branch staff as needed/required
- Identify cross sell opportunities, with referrals to 3rd party vendors where applicable.
- Prepare and Implement Business Plans for the achievement of the branch’s goals and targets to include benefit analyses for initiatives, where appropriate.
- Adhere to YNCU credit policies and procedures ensuring all loans or credit applications are effectively evaluated, clearly documented, adequately secured and that required collection and control procedures are employed. Adhere to assigned credit approval limits when processing loan applications.
- Plan, organize, and supervise the branch staff and workflow. Keep informed of and implement new organizational concepts, methods and scheduling techniques which improve the operating efficiency of YNCU.
- Build and maintain sales and service enthusiasm and commitment within the branch team.
- Communicate individual job responsibilities to achieve branch sales goals ensuring that they are clearly understood by all team members.
- Complete all personnel performance management functions in a timely manner.
- Manage expenses and revenue generation to achieve goals.
- Monitor internal audit and control functions to ensure compliance. Assume joint custody of securities and treasury as required.
- Ensure that all work is completed in accordance with required deadlines including dissemination of communiqués, policies, and procedures, to include accurate and timely preparation of all reports and returns.
- Participate in the annual planning and budgeting processes, as required.
- Provides market and competitive intelligence to the senior management team, where appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as may be directed from time to time.
- Business Degree or a Certification from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five (4) years’ experience in a proven supervisory role in a financial institution to include, but not be limited to personnel, management, lending and collections, Member services, office procedures, accounting, etc..
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to influence guide, and inspire branch team toward goals.
- Mutual Funds Sales and Licensing will be an asset.
- Able to exercise common sense, good judgment and ensure appropriate involvement of stakeholders/business partners
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees by acting as a role model, providing leadership, a positive work environment and regular coaching to direct reports to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to motivate, inspire and energize others through their learning and the work they do
- Provide exceptional member and internal client service in every interaction and at every touchpoint
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Communicate in a manner that is professional, respectful, effective and timely
- Exhibit positive, confident, supportive and engaging interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as a team member and actively contribute to team successes across YNCU
- Creative thinking to challenge the status quo and ask why
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and build trust with others and remain open to ideas
- Ability to effectively problem solve, resolve conflict and have difficult conversations
- Keen business sense with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems and the needs of members
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Be self-motivated, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
Thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.
Community First, a division of Your Neighbourhood Credit Union will provide accommodations for persons with disabilities, where needed, to support their participation in our recruitment process.
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org