For over a century Essar Steel Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
We are seeking a Chartered Professional Accountant with a proven track record of leading financial accounting and reporting functions looking to advance their career to the next tier of the corporate ladder and assume the role of Manager, Financial Accounting. The successful incumbent will value the opportunity to apply IFRS and corporate governance in a fast-paced and complex environment that is continually evolving. Experience building and participating in a high performance team and overseeing technology upgrades will help the incumbent to meet the functional and operational goals and exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Ensure that internal controls are effective, appropriately documented and operating as intended.
- Manage the Financial Accounting Team responsible for the ledgers and reporting of multiple entities.
- Work with external auditors and other third parties.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of financial reporting, reconciliations and analysis:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting reconciliations and work papers.
- Preparation of quarterly published financial statements, notes and management discussion and analysis, and supporting reconciliations and work papers.
- Preparation of monthly reporting package.
- Preparation of statutory reporting requirements.
- Participate in various management meetings and preparation of presentation packages as required.
- Participate in special projects either individually or as part of a cross-functional team.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Five years of experience in a Controlling department in a corporate environment, (preferably publicly traded) with a focus on financial accounting
- Extensive knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and accounting and reporting there under.
- Extensive knowledge of C-SOX / SOX best practices
- Management experience is required.
- Strong analytical, negotiating, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop detailed work plans to support the achievement of objectives.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional team atmosphere.
- Above average communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience with SAP, Prophix and/or Lumiera a plus.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.essarsteelalgoma.com.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line on or before June 18, 2017.
Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position location – Sault Ste. Marie - www.essarsteelalgoma.com
Fulltime permanent Exempt position
Work week – 40 hours
Salary Range - $100,000 - $110,000 (depending upon experience)
Extended Health Benefits package, Discretionary Performance Bonus and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan