FRONT LINE SUPERVISOR – MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE
ESSAR STEEL ALGOMA INC. (DOING BUSINESS AS “ALGOMA”)
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
For over a century Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the safe, timely, and cost effective production of steel slabs at the desired quality and quantity levels for use in the steel manufacturing operations.
- Coordinates and resolves equipment and process problems as required. Will need to work down days, major rebuilds, upgrade projects and maintenance planning.
- Will collaborate with Operations and other service groups ensuring that the process and mechanical equipment provides a quality product.
- Responsible for carrying out a prescribed safety program which will involve employee training, conducting regular safety meetings, consistent use of SCR's systems and ensuring the tradesmen are following all safety procedures and practices as required on a regular basis.
- Provide supervision and direction to maintenance crews to carry out mechanical maintenance work including:
- Ensure area maintenance services are provided in a reliable, safe, and cost effective manner.
- Identify and recommend equipment improvements.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of all area activities.
- Identify potential equipment problems and opportunities for improvement and communicate with colleagues and peers.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
Three (3) year mechanical technology diploma OR Industrial Mechanic Trade Certificate along with a minimum three (3) years’ experience in a mechanical maintenance environment OR 2 years as a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor or Planner.
- Supervisory experience and experience working in a team environment is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, fluid and gas equipment and its repair.
- A demonstrated ability in troubleshooting analysis, equipment maintenance and repair techniques.
- Experience with technical drawings and a knowledge of QS/ISO.
- A demonstrated ability to solve technical and machinery problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Leadership, interpersonal, communication, organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Algoma’s systems including SAP, Kronos and Microsoft Office (email, word processing, spreadsheets, project scheduling).
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line on or before July 7, 2017. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fulltime permanent Salary position
Work week – 40 hours
Salary Range - $77,692.00 - $97,115.00 (based on skills and experience)
Health Benefit Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan