Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker? If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy is a Canadian family company that has been in business for over 70 years and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 6 years in a row. We have grown to become one of the largest integrated distributors of Esso and Mobil products in Canada. We are an Esso retailer and wholesaler of gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, commercial lubricants and propane. We serve communities throughout Ontario and regions in British Columbia.
Our success is driven by our commitment to the highest quality customer service. Our team members are our most valuable resource, and we offer excellent opportunities for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Finance Department as Accounting Manager in our Sault Ste. Marie office. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and managing the accounting processes related to the Accounts Payable cycle and the general ledger, including ERP System requirements
- Achieving an accurate and timely monthly closing schedule including reporting requirements
- Maintaining integrity and accuracy of balance sheet including maintenance of standardized reconciliations; interpreting and analyzing transactions
- Supervising the Accounts Payable Department, including providing guidance, training and annual performance evaluations
- Participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary graduate in related discipline with minimum of five years of experience in a high volume accounting environment
- CPA designation or legacy designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Excellent knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset
- Excellent managerial, organizational and communication skills required
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to Achieve Career Growth
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.