If you're ready to vote in the Ontario election, advance polls start this week
In Timiskaming-Cochrane, there are a number of places to cast a ballot.
Here's where you can vote in advance:
May 19 to 28, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- Aquatic & Fitness Complex, 729 Synagogue Ave., Iroquois Falls
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 87, 1 Summerhayes Ave., Kirkland Lake
May 19 to 23, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- Black River Matheson Family Lodge, 378 Second St.
- Englehart Public Library, 71 Fourth Ave, Englehart
May 24 to 28, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- Municipality of Temagami – Welcome Centre, 7 Lakeshore Dr., Temagami
May 20 to 24, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- École St-Antoine: 20 St Antoine St., French River
May 24 to 27, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- St. Charles Community Centre: 20 Casimir Rd., St.-Charles
You can also vote in person at one of the returning offices until 6 p.m. on June 1. The offices are located in New Liskeard at College Boreal, 280 Armstrong St., the Cochrane Satellite Office, 120 Sixth Ave., and the West Nipissing Satellite Office, 206 King St., Sturgeon Falls. The sites are open Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, May 29 from noon to 5 p.m. and Sunday, May 22 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
In Timiskaming-Cochrane, there are eight candidates — Ontario Party Geoffrey Aitchison, New Blue Garry Andrade, Libertarian Eric Cummings, PC Bill Foy, Liberal Brian Johnson, Green Party of Ontario Kris Rivard, incumbent NDP John Vanthof, and None of the Above Direct Democracy Party Jeff Wilkinson.
To vote, you'll need your voter information card that you should receive in the mail and a piece of ID showing your name. More details on what to bring are available here.
Check if you're registered to vote here.
Election day is June 2.